Friday, November 17, 2006

Losing my custom

I know it's the christmas season and the store clerks are going to go insane with dealing with clients. I know that when you're the newest place to go, be seen, you tend to feel like the world is your oyster and who gives a flying leap how poorly you treat your customers. I know that Filipinos, in general, don't complain when treated poorly so we tend to be quiet when in reality, we're seething inside and want to take that stupid plate and knock it on the head of the inanimate creature manning the cashier.

Poor service is going to be the death of a certain "in" dessert place, that just opened and is receiving a lot of press. The owner needs to step up to the plate and fix the extremely rude service agents manning the counter, the lack of a system handling customer orders, and should professionalize the manner of addressing what the customers want. It doesn't take a genius to serve, but it requires a lot of energy and efficiency. Clearcut signs and people who smile even when they feel like collapsing. And an owner that won't sit behind the counter with her back to her irate customers while her people unsmilingly deal with the mess. I won't be going back. Once is enough for me; the desserts are not a high priority item, especially in a city where I know better options that don't come with the aggravation of going through another 20 minute wait to get 4 items.

3 comments:

Didi said...

Hi Mila! I wonder which 'in' dessert place this is. But I totally agree with you that we Filipinos tend to shy away from complaining - especially with poor customer service. Poor CS is definitely THE death of an establishment. I think CS is the simplest way to get return customers, a simple smile goes a long way - but I guess some people do not see the benefit of it.

wysgal said...

Ooooh what dessert place? I think good service is underrated in Metro Manila. We're so used to mediocre/bad service we don't bother complaining anymore.

Watergirl said...

I do get that guilty feeling when I do complain, and try as much as I can not to sound like a crazed hag making tampo, wagging finger and all. But there are times when I just want to shake them out of their zombie state.

I'll let you know which one caused the rant if you email me.

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies