Thursday, September 28, 2006

Shake, rattle, rain

Milenyo is a pretty strong typhoon, the first signal no. 3 typhoon over Metro Manila that really felt like a danger to life and limb. I'm sitting here at my desk at work, asking myself why am I not home?

Advantages to being at the office however include internet access, electricity, water, and access to food in nearby shops and restaurants. This will only turn ugly if we're stuck for days without a change of clothes. But otherwise this is not bad.

Post-storm addendum: the worst of sorts is over, but the lack of electricity makes it unpleasant to stay at home. A friend says the lights won't go back on til Monday. Paseo de Roxas is littered with trees and branches, makes you wonder why the Mayor who loves to litter the area during one of his anti-government rallies can't get his act together and round up some of his garbage cartel buddies to clean up the streets.

2 comments:

Sidney said...

Got electricity back at 4 am this morning (Sunday) and some running water. I started to smell like a pig ! ;-)

Watergirl said...

Lol, sidney, I know what you mean. I'm thankful I paid for my gym membership; they were probably busier than ever with people who had no water at home.

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies