Saturday, September 02, 2006

Blogggrls brekkie book meet

Sorry to fellow bloggers for that title, but I couldn't resist the alliteration. A few of us who meet up every so often decided to hie off to a breakfast and book fair morning. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I missed the breakfast (MOA), but got to the bookfair over at the World Trade Center. "Making it a habit" is the theme of this year's fair. Well, it's too much of a habit for me, but a lesser vice I suppose (although buying too many books just for the sake of it must fall under avarice).

What did I buy? 1. The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco, 2. A Year at the Races by Jane Smiley, and 3. Hide this French Book, a Berlitz publication. Nena bought the Hide this Spanish Book, so we should be fully prepared to talk like sailors the next time a trip to Spain and France come around.

4 comments:

wysgal said...

I bought two Spanish language books (not as exciting as Nena's, unfortunately). And my friend Fabian bought books for 3 different languages: Urdu, French, Portuguese. =)

christine said...

I was going through some of the pages oh my "hide this spanish book" last night and laughing alone in my room. I would have bought more books if I wasn't trying to save for my upcoming trip.

Watergirl said...

There's a website for the Hide My French book, so we can learn all the naughty french terms online!

christine said...

Really? Then there should be one for the other languages?

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies