Saturday, July 19, 2008

Calico

My cat, Gabi, is in a very touchy feely mood today. It might be the rain, as she prefers to stay nearby when it pours outside. Today, she's rubbed my legs a lot, jumped on the couch for a few minutes to sit by me, and then took a nip at my toes. Argh. That isn't kibble, missy!

Gabi is a calico, otherwise known as tortoiseshell. She's predominantly white on the underbelly, with a swirl of black and orange. She has white booties on her front paws, and the black pattern makes her face look a bit like a Venetian mask during Carnivale. In the morning, she chirps, demanding to be fed. As I walk down the stairs, her meows become more insistent and I may be deluded, but it seems to be in perfect time with each step I take.

She's never had to show her skills with mice (and I hope I never have to find an offering laid on my feet), but she kills cockroaches! I owe her eternal gratitude for not having to kill them myself. I just have to make sure she doesn't eat them.

I don't think I'll ever take a photo of Gabi that would be posted on the uberblog Icanhazcheeseburger, but this photo is my vision of her with a bit of futzing (my fault!).


No comments:

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies