Thursday, June 21, 2007

C+: makes me want to pack my bags and head out the door!


My Lakbayan grade is C+!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out atLakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Found this on Carol Finds blogspot (http://carolfinds.blogspot.com/), and since a recent post made other friends think of travelling together, this map and survey might help us figure out where to go next.

I know that my grade is pretty average, but there are swathes of Mindanao, Visayas, and the whole Eastern part of Luzon I have yet to explore, not to mention Batanes. At least I can say I've had the luck of going to places like Jolo (in Sulu), the boonies of Bukidnon, and recently Abra. Not exactly on the top of the list for local tourists to visit.

Dept of Tourism might consider using this survey and map to get the word out on undiscovered gems in our country.

4 comments:

Socky said...

Not too bad considering I got a C. Maybe we should come up with our list of 1000 Places to See Before We Turn Arthritic. Shall this be our discussion at Kublai? Let everybody take this test first. I'm sure Tina will be way ahead of us all! Lately, she's been RABID at travelling all over the place, and understandably so.

Katrina said...

Whoever thought up this map should be rewarded by the DOT. I've been seeing it on everyone's blogs, and it really seems to be reminding everyone to not be -- as the old ad campaign used to say -- "dayuhan sa sariling bayan." Unfortunately, I'm disgracefully foreign to my own country; my grade's a D! :-( I really hope I can see more while I'm not working.

Don't feel bad, Mila and Socky. Almost everybody's blog that I saw this map on got a C or C+. I'm the only one I saw who got a D, and I only saw one person (a friend of mine) who got a B or B+. And to think, she's been living abroad for several years! I wonder what grade Tina'll get?

ChichaJo said...

What a cool map and concept! I got a C and I was literally ready to pack my bags too :) Gosh...my constant refrain to see more of this country is haunting me!

Socky, yes let's come up with a list! My #1 for the Phils for me (as I have not yet been but I'm dying to go) would be Batanes...but I have lot's more on my list to see...

christine said...

I got a C too, how sad! And really, much of those trips was to attend all these fiestas because we were a major sponsor. If it weren't for work, I wouldn't even have seen a third of those places.

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies