Thursday, June 15, 2006

Moleskines, printer blues, and public reading

18, count em, 18 journals, most of them unused, as in empty, or if they are scribbled in, maybe no more than a page or two have been used. If there's a vice related to this, call it journalama. But mayhaps I've found a cure, for one notebook has been easy to tote, easy to use, and has had over half of its pages filled, and that's my handy moleskine. After perusing the web, I find that a number of folks here in Manila are also mole lovers, and yet, we can't find them here. None of the bookstores sell them. Fully Booked, here's a niche market for you guys to consider! Or Different Bookstore! Yoohoo!

The lemon of a printer has conked out again. I need to print 1000 copies of a flyer asap and the day I am ready, the printer won't print. The Fuji tech guy sent over by Fuji Xerox doesn't know what to do, and he's annoying me with his inadequacies. Call me the client from hell, but the last thing I want is to be asked by the tech guy whether I have some cable or driver of which I know nothing about. They send over different people all the time, and just when we think they've figured it out, it goes conkers again and some other tech guy gets to annoy us once more. So not worth the money we've spent on it.

I'm heading to Instituto Cervantes tomorrow for the reading of Noli in Spanish. Have an early slot so I will have time on my hands to do ... nothing. What a wonderful way to begin a weekend.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

have you heard about this blog: http://www.moleskinerie.com/2005/07/benjamin_is_the.html

Watergirl said...

I've visited the Moleskinerie site a few times. Never heard of that particular entry before, reading it made me think I'm not that much of a fan.

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies