Monday, February 09, 2009

Grammies

A hotwater bottle wrapped in a waffle teacloth, some hot tea, and lounging in my jammies, I settled into my sofa to watch the Grammies this morning. Nothing I ate was helping calm my tummy as a bad round of dysmennorhea kept me from leaving the house. Lying in bed wasn't going to get rid of it, and I was feeling less than perky after a long night of traipsing between the room and the bathroom. Women's troubles. Uck.

I didn't pay too much attention during the show, but found myself perking up when I saw that Robert Plant and Allison Krauss were nominated and won 5 awards, including best album for Raising Sand. At first I wondered if it was the same CD I had bought last year, one that I heard on Accuradio earlier in the year, and enjoyed enough to buy it with the help of a visiting friend. Indeed it was. It's a great album, country, rock, folk, blending seamlessly into very singable, sometimes haunting music. This is another case of mature music, not for the teenyboppers, but well written songs that only make sense when you start having more gray hair. Congratulations to the winners!

No comments:

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies