Monday, March 26, 2007

Internalizing the plum

The great mind of PGWodehouse at work (my not so great mental gargling in parenthesis):

"The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun."
(Send this to Dick Cheney)

"I could see that she was looking for something to break as a relief to her surging emotions ... and courteously drew her attention to a terra-cotta figure of the Infant Samuel at Prayer. She thanked me briefly and hurled it against the opposite wall."
(I had many a moment wishing I had the Infant Samuel to smash againt a wall this weekend. Good thing I came to my senses without the need to smash furniture.)

She fitted into my biggest armchair as if it had been built round her by someone who knew they were wearing armchairs tight about the hips that season.
(! Yoiks. This speaks to me. Especially after all the intake over the last few weeks.)

Thanks to the Random Wodehouse quote generator of the Drones' Club.

No comments:

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies