Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday all askew

Since I saw the notice on a group email, I had planned to go watch "Cavite" at the Filipino Indie movie festival at Robinson's Galleria today (Sunday, 1:30 p.m). My friend E also wanted to go watch it, so we met up for lunch bright and early and waited for the time to line up at the box office. We were met with disappointment. No Cavite, as the organizers changed the line up (Big Time was showing in its place). According to the revised schedule, Cavite would be shown on Jan 30 (Tuesday) at 11 a.m. Bummer. The only things I take leave from work are the Oscars and an extended holiday overseas. This is the second time I had planned to see the film and was waylaid by fate.

This left E and I with too much time on our hands, so we headed into Makati. E showed me the Palmpilot he wants to get and I promised to check if my old (but never used) palm is still in storage somewhere. He could probably use that instead of buying a brand new model. I then did the first of 3 bookstore stops of the day, as well as having a consolation slice of cake with hot chocolate.

One of the bookstores not only induced me to buy a book, but I also ran into someone who rattled my sense of composure. Some people in one's past do that. I nearly didn't want to acknowledge seeing him, but in the end, I chose to chat awhile. Knowing it could raise a whole volley of dietary lectures, I didn't tell him that I was carrying frozen edamame (the man thinks soy is bad for the health). He looked good though. And even now, as I type this in, I need to shake myself of that sense of recent history. As he said "Manila is such a small town," so true, so true.

No comments:

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies