Tuesday, October 10, 2006

123, 5, 3

Along with other bloggers, I got tagged by Christine of Ramblings from a Gypsy Soul. The meme requires one to:

1. Grab the book nearest to you...no cheating!
2. Open to page 123.
3. Scroll down to the fifth sentence.
4. Post text of next 3 sentences on to your blog.

The first book I saw was a selection of writings and drawings by James Thurber. And the first thing I thought as I opened the book was "hope it's not the drawings," sure enough turning to page 123 is a set of two of his sketches! Ok, so adjusting the meme instructions a bit, I'm grabbing the next book on my work pile.

From "Why do I love these people?" by Po Bronson:

"She is back to being a daughter, contemplating her mother. I notice that when Jarralynne remembers with her family all around, there's a sort of safety in numbers, and she manages to laugh at all the old stories."

The book is the second of Bronson's I've read, the first remains my favorite "What should I do with my life?"

"Why do I love..." is another series of vignettes about people Mr. Bronson has interviewed, focusing on their families and relationships. I enjoyed his other book so much that I bought two signed copies of "why do I love..." from Powell's online store. I may give the other copy to my sister, as I had planned to do last year when I bought the book. Or if anyone is interested in a first edition signed copy, tell me what you would do with your life. The best response gets the book.

1 comment:

wysgal said...

I've done a lot of "what are your goals" type of thinking these past few months. I'll be heading off to B-school (if not next year, eventually ...) and I won't be contributing to the country's brain drain by leaving the Philippines forever. I'll be running a business locally, providing jobs and spurring the economy --- and ultimately making the country a better place to live in. *BOW*

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies