Wednesday, August 10, 2005

6:20 at the office, avoiding the inevitable

I'm avoiding the pile. It's on the desk, standing tall, looking grim. I don't have to look far to see it, but I'd rather look at my monitor, surf through food blogs (I just found one that reviewed one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, Babbo's. The picture taken looked just like where my friend and I sat last year; plus the blogger also got a 10:30 pm. reservation.) and not do a peekytoe bit of work. Peekytoe's a kind of crab, nice sound to it, ja?
Ja's the only german I know, other than Ich sprechen nich deutsche, and a few mumbled things like kiese and schinken. Bier, and wasser or is it waser? Oh, and kuh (cow). Going to Munchen in a few days and I know I'll be so like my orange fish if I were to pull him out of his algae ridden glass home on top of my desk.
So back it is to the pile. Eegads, it looks like it's growing. But it's not, it's just a pile of paper, it needs to be read, understood, perused, analysed and eventually stored away for some other sap to read. I have until tomorrow night to read them all and yet I'm so not excited about doing so. I'd rather find more food blogs, like the one who ate at 5 different pizza places in one day, and a month later did a dessert tour. If I were to do something like that, I'd start with different kinds of wraps: burritos, lumpias, sushi, vietnamese spring rolls and the amoy lumpia kinds, cannolli, peking duck, and oh who knows how many kinds out there. Then I'd do a taste test of chocolate chip ice creams, followed by chocolate chip cookies. Then as many kinds of fried rice from different establishments. A selection of pasta from my favorite italian restuarants.
Just the idea makes me hungry. Where oh where is my delivery order?!

No comments:

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies