Wednesday, September 28, 2005

forgotten subject

I realized that the previous posts about AC books was also entitled "... and internet radio", but I had nothing on internet radio.

I love to listen to music while I'm working. I've read that it's not a good idea as it is a distraction, but I'd rather have a rush of music than the sound of the airconditioner. At times, I plug on the radio, and twiddle to my local radio station, usually 103.5 fm for alternative pop. But radio can be annoying with the incessant commercials and the silly games they make people do so they can be one of over 200 people that might win a raffle to another game show or other promo.

Sidenote: eegads, it's raining again!!!

Some years back, I found that online radio stations were a good alternative to the regular radio stuff, not much commercial buttinskis touting haircare or saving the environment (I donate to environmental causes, but i don't need the constant reminders of the degradation we are surrounded with). However, I didn't have dsl until last year so I couldn't benefit from the regular listening pleasure of long playing songs. There's nothing more exasperating than singing along with Oklahoma, when the song stops at Okl---- argh.

Yahoo messenger just upgraded and now offers their own selection of radio stations; they tend to be spotted with a couple of ads from ABC shows like premieres of Desperate Housewives, and some Bud light commercials. I'd rather go with Accuradio, where I can wallow in hours of big band, broadway shows, alternative rock, or classics at any time. Right now, I have it on the Swinging Pop standards, listening as I type this to some tap dancer's rhythmic feet while the melody to Smile, Darn Ya, Smile plays on the back ground. It's Sammy Davis Jr. Now it's Lena Horne singing something. I can imagine her big grin while she sings.

There does seem to be enough for everyone out there, so long as you have dependable internet service and a computer to play it on.

No comments:

Pike Market Peonies

Pike Market Peonies